Contaminants Reduced By Reverse Osmosis
- Particulate matter, turbidity, sediment, etc.
- Colloidal matter
- Total Dissolved Solids (Na, Ca, Fe, Mg, Mn, CO3, etc)
- Toxic Metals (Pb, Cd, Ba, Hg, etc.)
- Radioactive elements (uranium, radium, radon)
- Microorganisms (giardia, oocysts)
- Pesticides and Herbicides
- Heavier organic molecules (MW>300)
- Silica (SiO2)
The Kinetco Reverse Osmosis System
The Kinetico K5 Drinking Water Station offers the latest and most flexible RO technology available today. These systems conveniently mount under the sink, in the crawlspace, garage or basement, and they feed a separate faucet at the sink and can also feed the refrigerator and up to 5 other chosen locations. The K5 system has an exclusive five-stage water purification process.
These stages are given below:
- A 5-micron sediment pre-filter: Removes any fine particulate and is combined with carbon filtration for chlorinated supplies.
- The RO membrane module: The K5 utilizes a 75- GPD thin film composite (TFC) membrane for the maximum contaminant removal efficiency.
- A non-corrosive storage tank: Permeate water is stored in a special Water-on-Water storage tank made of all inert materials.This allows RO water to be available at all times.
- The patented MACguard Filter™: The MACguard™ filter module is a densely compacted carbon block, which reduces VOCs in the permeate water as well as any residual chlorine, and unpleasant tastes and odors.
- A special lead-free faucet: The system has a designer faucet which is certified lead-free. The K5 drinking water station also boasts additional features giving it a 99.9% rating in Consumer Reports.
Features Of The Kinetico K5 System
Once the storage tank is full, the system automatically shuts off. In doing so, the pressure is relaxed against the membrane.
This patented feature is unique to Kinetico. The Everclean™ rinse is a membrane flush using purified water. This greatly lengthens the life of the RO membrane.
The Kinetico K5 is the only RO system available that offers unique Flex-Filtration. The K5 has additional ports in the system for specialized filter cartridges for specific water quality issues. This includes these special filters:
- Arsenic Guard (removes As(III))
- Mineral Plus (adds healthy minerals)
- VOC Guard (reduces chemicals)
- Perchlorate Guard
- Chloramine Guard
The MACguard Filter
The MACguard Filter™ meters the water that is purified by the system. With the K5 system, after 500 gallons are consumed, it automatically shuts off. This protects from filter overloading, allowing contaminants to enter their drinking water.
This unique feature is a visible filter life indicator allowing the owner to
visually estimate the remaining life on the filters.